Steampunk CommuniTea Weekend Special Guest Author
Madeleine Holly-Rosing is the writer/creator of the steampunk supernatural prose and graphic novel series, Boston Metaphysical Society. She was also the winner of the Sloan Fellowship for screenwriting, and the Gold Aurora and Bronze Telly for a PSA produced by Women In Film as well as having won numerous awards while completing the UCLA MFA Program in Screenwriting. Source Point Press re-published the first six issues and the trade paperback of Boston Metaphysical Society original graphic novel in 2019/2020 and has picked up the sequels. Those will hit comic book stores in 2021.
The first novel in the series, Boston Metaphysical Society: A Storm of Secrets, was awarded a Silver Medal in the SciFi/Fantasy category as well as The Write Companion Award for Best Overall TOP PICK – Adult, Children’s and Young Adult categories in the Feathered Quill 2019 Book Awards.
Other comic projects include:
- The Scout (The 4th Monkey anthology)
- The Sanctuary (The Edgar Allan Poe Chronicles anthology)
- The Marriage Counselor (Cthulhu is Hard to Spell anthology)
- The Glob (Night Wolf Vol. 1)
- Infinity Tree (Menagerie Declassified)
- The upcoming The Airship Pirate (The Rum Row anthology), and The Birth (Thirst – Stan Yak Vampire anthology).
Formerly a nationally ranked epee fencer, she has competed nationally and internationally. Madeleine is an avid reader of comics, steampunk, science fiction, fantasy, and historical military fiction